Tuesday, July 6, 2010

pasadena flea market

How was your holiday weekend? Ours was just peachy, filled with new friends and hot dogs and plenty of sun.

We went to the Pasadena City College Flea Market for the first time on Sunday, and I think it's my favorite place to find vintage yet. I like the infamous Rose Bowl Flea Market, but it is somewhat overwhelming, and has a lot of swap meet-type goods. Plus admission's pretty steep! Pasadena Flea was just big enough for about 3 - 4 hours of browsing without feeling as though you'd missed anything.






I liked that there was a lot of vintage bakeware and linens and household goods, most in very good condition at fair prices. There wasn't as much in sewing goods and notions as I'd hoped, but it was very fun to look at everything. I did come away with two sets of tin baking molds ($3 for 15 tins!) and some vintage silk crochet thread in pretty colors, as well as one other thing I'll save for another post.

Something else I found and couldn't resist taking a picture of? A very familiar looking birdie pitcher, this time in blue.

We'll definitely be going back to the Pasadena Flea. With loads of great stuff to browse and friendly vendors and free admission, it's an event that magpies like us won't be able to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...