Thursday, February 4, 2010

I hid under your porch because I love you

Hurray for Disney/Pixar's Up for its 5 Oscar nominations, including nods for Best Animated Feature and Best Picture!

It was a great year for animation (and movies in general), and Pixar delivered a heart-warming, beautiful film as always. I bawled like a baby during the first 20 minutes. I can't think of any other studio that would let a sad, wordless segment go on for so long, particularly in a children's film. But Pixar never condescends to its audience, and always upholds the emotional integrity of its movies in the midst of all its dazzling technological and artistic achievements.

Here is my Grape Soda bottlecap pin from Etsy seller Jacquelin Army, just like the one Ellie gives to Carl. I love it dearly since it reminds me of the simplicity and tenderness of the movie, and I wear it pinned to my purple hoodie.

If you ever need a little cheer, do pop over and watch the wonderful short Partly Cloudy that ran with this film, too. A small and happy masterpiece.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...