Monday, February 8, 2010

felt flower hair pins

I made a set of felt flower bobby pins for my friend recently. These pictures were taken in a hurry under dim lighting, so it's a bit difficult to see that they're actually a soft tangerine-y orange sort of color, which I got from hand-dying wool felt with Kool-Aid.

I used silver beads for the centers and stitched up a little tomato-red case with her initial. There's a vintage button closure, and the outside of the case has similar flowers with a purple bead in the center.

Quick and easy project, with satisfying results. I liked the way the flowers turned out so much that I made a bunch more, although I'm not sure yet what I'll do with them. Will they be made into more hair pretties? Fabric jewels? We'll have to see.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...