Thursday, July 8, 2010

salmon rillettes

We had a dinner guest last night, and in addition to salting lemons, I spent the afternoon busily steaming salmon, syruping melons, and pounding chickens.

I tried out this recipe for salmon rillettes from the incomparable David Lebovitz, and it turned out to be the perfectly lemony and fresh summer appetizer we were hoping for.  I added the zest of the lemon as well as its juice, but didn't flake my cooked salmon quite as much as I should have, so it turned out a bit chunky. Still, it tastes very good eaten with thin water crackers or on crostini. Do try it the next time you need an elegant but easy appetizer!

1 comment:

  1. O how delectable!
    and thank you for the literature recommendation, i am always on the look out for new reading material, and i will defiantly be looking into this book!
    hope you had a charming day,
    xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...