Thursday, January 28, 2010

pretty vintage stationery


When I was in the fifth grade, I started my "future family box," in which I collected greeting cards that I liked, mostly for my future husband and children. The box took on a few different forms over the years, but I realized recently to my astonishment that I've had some of the cards for over 20 years. I don't pull them out and use them as often as I used to, which I've resolved to improve since it's so nice to send and receive mail.

And although I have been a less frequent correspondent in recent years, I am still constantly browsing stores and online shops. Here are a couple of charming sets of vintage postcards and "stamp and seal" letters I just received from Squirrel Friend on Etsy. They feature illustrations of woodland animals--a favorite here in honeybee land, if you haven't noticed. I'm mighty tempted to keep them for myself, but maybe one or two will get mailed to special somebodies, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...