Wednesday, December 2, 2009

christmas bear dilemma

I'm making about 3/4 of our Christmas gifts this year. When you consider that, aside from friends and adult family, there are 14 nieces and nephews plus 7 siblings between Mr. Honeybee and myself, it gets to be a fairly massive undertaking. I'm doing pretty well with staying on schedule, but this year I keep finding myself sidetracked with projects as I'm crafting. (Last night the sidetrack consisted of an urge to bake walnut rum cookies from the December issue of Martha Stewart Living.)

One trip off the beaten path was this Christmas bear. A number of crafts I've made recently have been inspired by Kata Golda, whose charming book Hand-Stitched Felt I reviewed earlier this year and loved. This particular bear I cut freehand and embellished, using wool felt and sparkly red pom poms for the holly. I'm not sure yet whether she's staying with me, or going off to a friend.

Decisions, decisions...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...