Tuesday, December 8, 2009

recycled cashmere arm warmers

It's been so c-c-c-cold in Los Angeles this week. Yesterday it got down to a rainy 45 degrees, with 45 mph winds on the coast. We battled the weather in the best way we knew how: with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and Bailey's in our hot chocolate.

I've also been wearing layers like crazy, especially the arm warmers I made last year from a thrifted sweater, so I decided it was time to make another pair. There's so much Christmas crafting to do, but I just couldn't resist the urge to make these on such a wintery day.

I had a pretty oatmeal-colored cashmere sweater with unsightly stains on the cuff that I'd never gotten rid of, so I thought this would be a great project to recycle them into.  After some quick reconstruction and sewing, I added some vintage buttons and voilĂ ! Cozy arm warmers. 

Now I'm thinking about the other unworn sweaters and tops in my closet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...