Thursday, December 16, 2010

christmas card 2010

Every year, I look for months and months ahead of time for just the right holiday card. This year it turned out to be a postcard from Rifle Paper Company, whose amazing invitations and cards I've loved for awhile now, though I've never before purchased from them. As soon as I saw this Night Before Christmas illustration, however, I knew we'd found our perfect 2010 card!

The card stock is smooth and creamy and such a pleasure to write on. I love the whimsy and sweetness of the card, as well as the warm colors and old-fashioned drawings. The postcards came packaged up in glassine packets tied up with peppermint string, and were almost too pretty to use.

Every year we send out around 40 holiday cards, give or take a few. The list changes every now and again, but for the most part it's the same people we've known and loved for years. It's a little sad because I think every year we receive fewer and fewer cards in return, since it seems to be one of those traditions that unfortunately seems to be going by the wayside. It's a shame because people already correspond so little as it is.

But you know...for us, it's the act of writing and sending the card that is most important. There are some people we don't speak to or see nearly as often, so it's the one time of year we reach out to them. And I figure it's always nice to know if someone's thinking about you, especially during this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...