Sunday, November 28, 2010

zoo

The day after Thanksgiving, we wanted to do something outdoorsy after all that food...so we went to the zoo! Apparently this was a popular idea, since we ran into two other parties of people we knew there as well.

It was a really nice day to be out, quite brisk and slightly overcast, and good weather to be walking around in. The animals always see to be more active when the weather is cooler anyway, and we saw lots of playful behavior on display.

Of course, there were also animals that were curled up just trying to stay warm, too. As you may remember, I love koalas, so I was looking forward to seeing them on our outing... and see them we did, although they were all huddled up in balls or clinging to branches by heat lamps. I'm quite fond of the way koala bears fold down their ears when they're sleeping...it's so very sweet and it makes me want to squeeze them with great enthusiasm. It's just as well I'm really not allowed anywhere near them; heaven help the poor bears if I ever get myself over to those places in Australia where you get to hold them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...