Tuesday, November 9, 2010

shopper alert: pretty boxed tags

One of the fun things about going to visit other cities is the shopping! I pretty much shop in other places the same way I shop at home, which means trips to craft stores and bookstores. On my trip to Houston a couple of weeks ago, my friend and I went to a really great half price bookstore, which had a combination of both new and secondhand stock. I found a really great box of vintage reproduction romantic postcards which will be great for Valentine's Day, as well as these two sets of boxed gift tags by Potter Style.





I already had this set, which features quotes from Shakespeare and Jane Austen, but I liked the ribbons and quotes and old-timey drawings in the Proust and Cabinet of Curiousities ones even better. It's nice that they are season-less, so that they can be used for any occasion.

They retail for $12.95 and are still available online, but at the discount store I went to, they were just $4.95 each, with plenty in stock! Half Price Books is apparently a chain with many locations nationwide, but sadly none here in southern California. I suppose it's just as well that there aren't...I'd probably spend far too much time and dollars there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...