Thursday, September 23, 2010

studious cupcake

I held a swap recently in which participants were invited to Make Food with a Face. I sew a lot of veggie plushies, of course, though I've never made anything in the bakery category...but since my partner has a sweet tooth, I thought this would be a good time to experiment!

I made a funny little plush cupcake out of wool felt, and  decided to give him a pair of glasses as well. Being that my partner also collects yellow hardback Nancy Drew books, I had to enclose a note written on my spiffy stationery from Fred Flare, too. If I'd thought ahead I would have gone out to get a bakery box to pack him in, but instead I just wrapped him in soft tissue with a tag and sent him on his merry way. I've been sidetracked for over a week now with a minor wrist injury, so it was nice to ease back into the crafting with this project.

In other news, I can't tell you how excited I am by our little children's lit swap group. I just posted A Little House Christmas swap, in which participants send stockings filled with Laura-inspired gifts to their partners. You've probably noticed that I'm crazy about Laura Ingalls Wilder, so I can't wait to get started on this one. Sometimes I have the sneaking suspicion that I might have started this group just so I could get *exactly* the kind of present I really wanted for myself.

3 comments:

  1. That little plushie is too cute!!!
    You are so talented!!!
    Have a sweet day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Thank you also for the card you sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks peeps! He was pretty fun to make. I'll have to do more experimenting with colors and such.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...