Monday, March 1, 2010

craft pudding rubber stamps


Rubber stamping is something I've gotten into in the past couple of years. It's a simple craft, but there's something very satisfying about the choosing images you like and firmly inking them onto pretty papers just where you want them. I've tried carving my own stamps, but it's a somewhat painstaking and time-consuming process. I like gleefully stamping...I'll leave the drawing and whittling to the experts!

I like using stamps to decorate envelopes, muslin bags, mailing packages, gift tags, labels, bookmarks, and of course, cards. There are so many great stamps available now, including these wood block-mounted ones from Etsy shop craft pudding, who is based in Wisconsin. I got the red riding hood fairy tale stamp set, and ordered a customized "thank you" stamp with the little girl and birdie (easily used without the lettering for other projects). I also love her personalized bookplate stamp, as well as many of her other custom orders.


These stamps are so charming, and add just the right amount to sweetness to any paper craft. Check out the craft pudding blog to keep up to date on her current projects and products, as well as great ideas on other uses for rubber stamps.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...