Tuesday, December 1, 2009

holiday craft swap

I was invited to be part of a craft swap recently--I'd done an impromptu one earlier this summer and really enjoyed it, so jumped at the opportunity when I saw it on Twitter. 

"Craft swap" is probably a misleading term, since it's really more of a chain letter, except with more crafty goodness. Basically, you make one item and invite six other arty people to join, who invite six more crafty people, and in the end you (hopefully) end up with 36 handmade presents.


I wasn't really sure what to make since I didn't know the recipient, so as with many projects I just sat down with a pile of fabric and thread and waited to see what would happen.

I decided to make an ornament using the wool felt I'd hand-dyed awhile back, along with a little soft pouch. All hand-sewn--all the better to craft with in front of the television.

The finished product: a winter bear! Hand-sewn, crocheted loop, and outfitted with a candy cane.



I hope the recipient, who is a graphic designer, likes him.  I went on her blog after I sent it off and discovered that some of her favorite colors are lime green and orange--a happy coincidence! Waiting and hoping she'll let me know that she gets it. Can't wait to start receiving goodies in the mail too. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...